Thursday, July 21, 2016

Birthday Koala

Hello everyone, Nicole here!

As you may know, I'm the newest member of the design team and I'm super happy to be a part of it. This is the first card I have for you. 




I need a lot of birthday cards for the upcoming months and I wanted to use the cute koala from the brand new stamp set. 

  • do some ink blending on a white piece of paper (start adding the color in the middle and work your way to the edges by adding less color as you go)
  • use a stencil and white pigment ink with a sponge dauber to create the background 
  • die cut some tags and add the alphabet stickers on top, die cut the grass border
  • stamp the koala and mask off his eye patch and his hand with the saber
  • stamp the top part of the cupcake (about two-thirds) and draw the hand and the second eye with a fine, black waterproof marker
  • color the koala (I used my Zigs) and add Glossi Accent to his nose
  • add two eyelets and add the twine with the tags, secure the tags with foam tape
  • add the koala using foam tape, stamp the greeting and add a die cut heart 



Stretch your stamps by masking of parts to change the theme. Maybe you want to check out your christmas stamps and see what you can do with them throughout the year. :-)


All hands on deck / Alle Mann an Bord

Alphabet Stickers

Big Heart Polka

Lovely Tags M

Served Up / Es ist serviert


Hey Quatschkopf


It's Create A Smile's birthday this month and you can still enter the monthly challenge.

Have a lovely day!
Nicole




2 comments:

  1. This card is brilliant!! Did you cut out per hand?? It looks perfect!!
    XOXO, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I did. I like fuzzy cutting ;-)
      Hugs, Nicole

      Delete