Friday, April 8, 2016

Thanks For Everything You Do (with Hummingbird!)

Hello, and happy Friday!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a sweet little thank you card featuring this adorable hummingbird!!


I really LOVE this stamp set, and I honestly just wanted to color and use that cute cute cute humming bird!! And I don't know about you, but I can always use more thank you type cards! Ha! 


Let's make this card, it's easy, and so colorful - two things I love:

- stamp and color the images (I used copic markers to color, but watercoloring or colored pencils would look awesome, too!)


- once colored, fussy cut out the images and arrange on the patterned paper card front
- stamp the sentiment and add black splatters!


To create this card, I used two stamp sets: Jungle Fever and Time to Say Thanks! The super awesome, grey woodgrain paper is from the Sending Sunshine kit


This card was SO fun to create - I just spent some time coloring some wonderful images! I LOVE taking the time to color, it helps me relax, focus and enjoy the moment!

Next week is release week...I'M SO EXCITED!! Stay tuned for lots of information and join our new Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook page to keep up with new items and share your own projects!! 

Thanks again for stopping by!


           

2 comments:

  1. I love Hummingbirds! I saw a PBS special and they are amazing creatures. Every year I plant Lantanas in my front yard and they are the butterfly and hummingbird flower. I get very few butterflies and no hummingbirds! My dad used to put a feeder out with red food and we got a hummingbird once at it. It was so amazing to watch it from our kitchen window. I love the colors of the flowers and that stamp. I wish I could buy just that stamp because except for the flower, I wouldn't use the other animal stamps. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete