Tuesday, November 25, 2014

CAS:Colored Pencils

Hello Crafters! 

It's Kelly here to share a cute little CAS card with you. 



Ack! Are you dying of cuteness overload?!


I was surfing the web the other night and found this little tutorial for creating miniature colored pencils.

They were so adorable I knew I had to make a card with them. Thanks to Jungle Fever I had the perfect sentiment to go with it!



The tutorial said to cut them in half but I decided I wanted varying lengths. I thought it looked more playful that way. Also I used an old Making Memories sanding block I had instead of sandpaper. I used copics to color them. 


In order to get a really saturated color I went over them twice. Even then, they were super simple to make.

I love the way it turned out. These little guys would be perfect for a Teacher thank you  . . maybe paired with the "You Are Awesome" from Friends in The Woods. Or you could use "Where's Your Happy Place?"from Comfy on a scrapbook layout of your child coloring. I think the use of these little guys is endless! 

Thanks for visiting! 

XoXo
Kelly

White Cardstock
Copic Markers
Toothpicks
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink




10 comments:

  1. What a clever idea and what a great card you made out of it, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing Kelly!! I need your creative brain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Kelly! What a great idea and a super cute card - so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing the link to the tutorial. What glue did you use to stick those toothpick pens onto your card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja I just used Tombo Mono Multi Glue, seems to hold fine :)

      Delete
  5. So clever Kelly, thanks for sharing. Brilliant looking card

    ReplyDelete