Friday, February 17, 2017

I'm Here for Yo

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a card with the CUTEST little koala ever!


     

Do you guys ever create a background for a card, then think: "nope this won't work" or "this didn't turn out the way I wanted it" ? Yeah, so that's how this card came about! I save ALLLL of my 'failed' backgrounds. So when I was starting to make a card, I saw this background, and knew instantly what to make! So FUN!


I really LOVE this card, so let's make it, shall we?
- stamp and color your image (I used Copic Markers, just to give my Zig's a break! Lol!)
- fussy cut out the image and set aside
- heat emboss the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock


- to create the background, I did some Distress Ink blending in Blueprint Sketch and Peacock Feathers
- splatter some water and let dry
- splatter some white acrylic paint let dry
- using the stencil, apply some transluscent embossing paste and let dry
- with a Craft Knife, cut along one of the waves and insert the stamped image
SO FUN, right?


I colored this image with copics, but you could easily paper piece this image if coloring isn't your thing! It's so easy to cut out and that koala is just plain cute, no matter what! Ha! 


For this card, I used the Bad Day stamp set for the sentiment, the All Hands on Deck for that CUTE pirate, and the Curved Lines stencil for the 'waves'! LOOOOOVE! 

    

Do you like to use stencils on your projects? I LOOOOOVE stencils! Create a Smile stamps has SO MANY amazing, and unique stencils! Be sure to check them out

~Samantha

     

2 comments:

  1. Love this card too! I should start saving all my "oopses". All Hands on Deck has been on my Wish List for a while now. It is so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so cute! You have such a way with your inky goodness!

    ReplyDelete