Friday, October 14, 2016

A Very Sheep-mas Card

Hi there!
Samantha here today, and I'm sharing a sweet, little Christmas card with you! And funny story, I made this card when we didn't have power because of the Hurricane last weekend! Ha! No power - no problem! 




     

Last week I made a card with those cute little ornaments, and I wanted to use them again. And While I was flipping through my stamps, I saw this cute little sheep and could NOT resist coloring him up again! I think he's one of my favorite images ever! Love that cute little egg shape! :) Ha! 


So, let's start making this card! Who's with me?

- I started by stamping my images onto my favorite watercoloring paper and then using my Distress Markers to watercolor! LOOOOOOOVE! :)
(this includes stamping the letters for the sentiment!)

- Next, I used a polka dot stencil onto a white card front with some Pumice Stone Distress Ink to add a subtle backround. Once I was done with that, I spritzed the whole card front with water and set aside to dry.
- once the images and letters were all dry, I fussy cut them out (yes...even the letters...and it didn't take as long as you think! And I really didn't mind...as I mentioned above, we were without power for a while, so what else was there to do?! Ha!


- Once the card front was dry, I arranged the letters and glued them down. I drew a string for the ornaments and attached those to the card. popped up the little sheep, and then sat back and laughed at my clever-pun-ness! Ha!
(In case you were wondering, it's from the song Deck the Halls, and should really be " Fa la la la la"! Ha!)

- I added glitter to my letters with the Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen and then a layer of glossy accents on top to make them shine! 


You don't have to use transluscent embossing paste if you don't like it, or don't have it! Any texture paste will give fun, subtle interest to the background of your card! 


I used the adorable Made of Snow stamp set for the sweet little ornaments! The sentiment was created with the Crystal Letter Lower stamp set! And the star of the show: that cute little sheep is from the Eggstraordinary Egghunt stamp set! LOOOOOOVE using nontraditional Christmas sets to make a Christmas card! Ha!

    

Have you seen the release from last month, yet? That halloween set...I CAN'T EVEN!! It's so adorable!! :) Ha! Be sure to get your hands on the release and then look out for the NEW October release next week! 


~Samantha 

           

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is way to cute for words! Who would have thunk it, Christmas sheep? LOL Hey, they were probably in the manger with Baby Jesus, right? Why not? Thank you for coming up with something that is new and so adorable! I love your card! It's so cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete