Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Take Your Time to - Part 1


Hello everyone, Raluca here with a clean and simple floral card using the gorgeous Botanical Love stamp set.



I love this set and I had this design in my mind for some time. I find that the gold embossed flowers look very glamorous and I wanted an elegant card, yet a simple one.







*on a piece of white cardstock, stamp the flower and the leaves in VersaMark, add gold embossing powder and heat emboss it. The result is absolutely gorgeous!
*color the images with watercolors, Zigs, Copics, Distress Inks or colored pencils. I chose two colors that I think look amazing together: coral and mint.
*mask off the stamped images and add some black splatters using a paint brush and black paint or watercolor. 
*stamp the sentiment in black on a white strip of cardstock
*stamp the "smile" word in VersaMark on a piece of vellum, add black embossing powder and heat set it. 
*add a strip of gold glitter paper and a strip of black and white cardstock to the panel.  
*adhere the panel with all the work to a white card base. 
*add clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh and the card is done. 

*try different sentiments and colors until you find the perfect one :) I tried with the "smile" word embossed in white, but I didn't like how it looked. 






If you love Instagram like I do, you can follow Create A Smile using this name: @createasmilestamps and if you have any questions about card making, techniques or products or if you want to share your creations with Create A Smile fans join us on our Facebook group Create A Smile - Friends & Family :).

Have a lovely Tuesday!
Thanks for stopping by,
Raluca

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love flowers and I love embossing. It looks simple but I know it's not. I want some of those water droplets! Thanks for letting us know where to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Very elegant and so beautiful! Love the gold embossing and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete